Website City of Cape Town
- Conduct research and investigations including obtaining information regarding power system design, technology, project implementation and specialist activities for the design of network extensions, refurbishment of high and medium voltage network infrastructure
- Facilitate the development of long-term planning projects, systems, policies and procedures and their implementation, working with other professionals in the same or related disciplines
- Evaluate future major land development with Area Engineers such as conducting load forecasts of developments and compiling cost estimates for the proposed network designs of the future high and medium voltage systems for the new customers in these developments
- Prepare a strategic long-term plan for extensions and replacement of equipment on the high and medium voltage system that falls within the utility’s supply area
- Respond to enquiries and requests from customers an safe-keeping of documentation obtaining information regarding power system design, technology, project implementation and specialist activities for the design of network extensions, refurbishment of high and medium voltage network infrastructure.
- ECSA registered Professional Engineering Technician or eligible for registration
- Good project management skills
- Code B driver’s licence.
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Five (5) to eight (8) years’ post-qualification experience in an electricity planning/spatial/project environment with exposure to a wide range of technologies
Company: City of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A