About the job
Who are we?
The Sanlam Retail Affluent business (SRA) is dedicated to empower South Africans in the middle- and upper-income segments to be financially confident, secure and prosperous. With deep client understanding and a focus on excellence in technology, client and intermediary experiences, SRA delivers financial solutions including comprehensive financial planning, life- and disability insurance, credit solutions, savings and investments, retirement and fiduciary services that can be accessed through various platforms.
What will you do?
The purpose of the role is to provide new and existing clients with professional and relevant financial advice, planning and products (sales) that are suited to their needs and requirements. Undertake the procurement of sustainable business of a high quality, in accordance with the business targets set. Maintain and service these clients as part of a long- term relationship which builds loyalty to the brand and generates ongoing advice and sales. Undertake these activities within a compliant and ethical manner which results in the building and sustaining the Sanlam Group business and brand.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Assist in growing the Sanlam Connect Business
- Be committed to the marketing plans and targets set for growing and developing the business as set forward by Sanlam Connect.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of market segmentation and customer profiles to support sales and growth within the defined market.
Undertake Relevant Behaviours To Attain Targets Relating To
- Revenue generation (Single and recurring premiums)
- Activity quotas
- Promote the SanlamConnect brand
- Networking, prospecting and leads generation
- Face to face interactions, social or business, to create business opportunities.
- Prospecting of new clients through creative opportunities such as business/social networks, associations or ad hoc presentations.
- Turning trusted relationships into business relationships.
- Strengthening existing relationships by increasing the current service.
- Use existing sources to establish opportunities across Sanlam businesses.
- Personalised client value propositions.
- Marketing on social media.
- Undertake selected client focused activities to generate leads and informal prospecting opportunities.
- Mining of existing client base to identify marketing gaps and sales opportunities within the middle-high and affluent market.
- Structuring and implementing focused campaigns with new or existing clients in the defined market.
- Requesting active and ongoing leads and referrals from others.
- Monitoring and respond to client activities such as maturities, cancelations or surrenders within the defined market.
- Client consultations and sales
- Ensure all client interactions are compliant in terms of disclosures and advice given (provide written/ electronic information required for compliance).
- Undertake comprehensive fact finding with each client to lift needs and priorities. Document these findings.
- Conduct a financial needs analysis, using the relevant e-tools / instruments or systems, to ascertain the client’s full financial situation; or utilise the services of a Para-Planner for this. (Draw policy history).
- Provide sound personal financial planning advice.
- Apply financial knowledge in putting together a plan that meets the needs of the client for a balanced portfolio.
- Present financial solutions to the client in a professional and competent manner aligned to Treating Customers Fairly.
- Use relevant processes and system tools to capture analysis information and update records accordingly.
- Review client’s portfolio annually by undertaking the above steps.
- Client Service
- Ensure all client interactions are ethical, courteous and professional.
- Follow-up or refer all existing business queries to be resolved timeously through ‘back-office’ support.
- Strive for excellent, value-added service to clients so that they do not seek competitor products or services.
- Undertake continuous learning in terms of knowledge, skills and market/industry issues so as to service clients within the defined market.
- Initiate long term client relationships and maintain a relational focus.
- Monitor, update and reporting (weekly/monthly)
Document And Present The Following Activities
- Number and profile of contacts, appointments, consultations.
- Issued business and revenue against targets.
- Update client details on records.
- Appropriate workflow and activity monitor system entries.
Qualification And Experience
Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS) “Fit and Proper” requirements and Regulatory Examination successfully completed if registered with Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) for more than 24 months.
Knowledge And Skills
Financial advice and support
Production target achievement and budgeting
Compliance and risk management
Client relationship management
Financial planning and recommendations
Communicates effectively – Contributing independently
Tech savvy – Contributing independently
Action orientated – Contributing independently
Builds networks – Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our people to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Collaborates – Contributing independently
Being resilient – Contributing independently
Drives results – Contributing independently
Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
Customer focus – Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.