The Registered Nurse will render and promote cost effective, safe quality patient care in accordance to hospital standards and policies. The objective of this position is to act as a clinical resource and leader in this speciality, performing functions at an advanced level of competence and consistence. Sound and contemporary knowledge of the area of speciality, together with an advanced understanding of professional nursing, health care delivery and programme planning, will allow the incumbent to fulfil his/her primary responsibilities and promoting quality patient care.
- Fluent communication in English essential
- Sound knowledge of costs and cost containment including economic use of stock and accurate charging of all items
- Must be able to apply critical scrub skills and judgement across variable situations and able to anticipate complications and provide solutions for effective, safe patient care.
- Working experience in private healthcare or healthcare funding industry will be advantageous
- Computer Literacy advantageous
- Relevant experience in one of the following nursing disciplines is essential (Cardiac surgery).
- Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation
Qualification & Experience:
- Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislation
- 2 – 5 Years working experience within the Theatre environment
- Relevant qualification within a specialist area will be advantageous
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hillcrest, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A