S/he will be leading the activities related to adherence and retention of patients on ART through facility and community to achieve the 95-95-95 goals.
- Collaborate with DOH HAST/CCMT teams to drive the implementation of adherence and retention in the 2 districts
- Support the implementation of patient appointment system in facilities
- Participate in the DOH and BR meetings to provide TA on adherence, retention, back to care and welcome back strategies as required
- Collaborate with the pharmacy team and DMT to ensure retention of CCMDD patients
- Provide didactic trainings for both DOH and BroadReach on Adherence guidelines
- Conduct facility visits to provide TA on adherence, retention, back to care and welcome back strategies
- Support the implementation of national adherence guidelines facility-based and community-based including, adherence strategies through case management, implementation of support groups, adherence clubs, track and trace interventions and welcome back strategies
- Provide TA to case managers on the implementation of case management activities
- Provide capacity building in the use of the missed appointment tool and support the facilities with priority activities in bringing back interrupted patients back to treatment
- Uses creative reasoning to design collaborations across and outside of the organization to address key underlying issues identified including design of client specific solutions
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, complete tasks by the set time frame
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with BR teams, DOH, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, at facility district or provincial level in collaboration to ensure adherence, retention and back to care activities are supported
- Can integrate information from a variety of sources, and communicate it with clarity
- Shows determination, drive and commitment to goals and desired outcomes as well as improving delivery of services. takes responsibility for work activities and follows through on commitments and on agreed implementation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, HIV/TB management, Public Health, Computer systems or Information Communication Technology management.
- Completed secondary education with a minimum of 8 years within a donor-funded District Support Partner providing HIV support with a minimum of 2 years in a management position.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in activities related to HIV adherence, retention and return to care with utilization of available information systems
- A National Diploma in Public Health, or another relevant field with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in public health setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the national Adherence guidelines, and the CCMDD programme
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: King Cetshwayo, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A