Website AVBOB South Africa
About the job
Closing Date2023/03/14 Reference NumberMMH220314-6 Job TitleInvestment Analyst Position TypePermanent Role FamilyInvestments ClusterMomentum Investments Remote OpportunitySome of the time Location – CountrySouth Africa Location – ProvinceGauteng Location – Town / CityCenturion Introduction
Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, with Multiply (wellness and rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations.
We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. We help companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members. Through our own network of advisers or via independent brokers and utilising new platforms Momentum Metropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses. Visit us at www.momentummetropolitan.co.za.
Support the investment process through research, analysis and interpretation of listed and unlisted investment vehicles and financial instruments.
- Degree in Investments Management or Finance.
- Post graduate qualification (preferred).
- Multi Asset Management experience.
- 3-6 years investment analysis experience.
- Stakeholder management, analytical, influencing skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep abreast of the external environment in which the segment operates in.
- Complete competitor analysis to assess the strengths and weaknesses of current and potential competitors.
- Analyse investment portfolios and financial instruments based on the outcomes and requirements of the mandate and business requirements.
- Projects short- and long-term values of stock compared with historical evaluations relative to a market index.
- Provide research, analysis and insight to recommend approaches on the construction and management of portfolios.
- Using ongoing research make recommendations regarding the appropriate improvements on solutions to ensure market dynamics are considered and effectively applied.
- Create awareness of the OBI philosophy across MMI in order to foster greater understanding and buy-in to the philosophy.
- Ensure that the portfolio management and risk management processes are applied.
- Foster effective working relationships and collaborate within the CoE, segments and external stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for investments.
- Monitor measure, attribute and report on the performance of solutions to ensure the product is managed relative to the outcome defined.
- Assist with the analysis and explanation of performance variances.
- Ensure asset allocation views are implemented and aligned according to the OBI view.
- Build broad base financial models to support business decision making and determine potential financial consequences of investment decisions.
- Identify and develop independent research techniques to enhance research output.
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to identify changing client needs and make recommendations to align service offering with client needs.
- Manage a client service excellence culture which builds enduring relationships and allows team to provide exceptional client service.
- Deliver on agreed deliverables made with clients and stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Take ownership for driving career development.
- Contribute to the financial planning process within area.
- Identify opportunities to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
Strategic thinking: Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies to drive short term profitability and long-term business growth and shareholder value.
Client/ Stakeholder Commitment: Anticipates, meets and exceeds client’s needs by creating long lasting relationships that support the client value proposition, supports their financial wellness and ensures client centricity.
Collaboration: Prioritises the business interests of MMI and invests in the success of the group by aligning effort across divisions.
Impact and Influence: Persuades, convinces, influences and inspires others, both within MMI and externally to win support, loyalty and gain commitment to the purpose of MMI.