Website North West University
- Review and sign off on the financial reports requested from external parties.
- Delivering of other financial management tasks from time to time in coordination with allocated supervisor in the office of the Director of Financial Planning.
- Fulfil the acting Senior Accountant/Manager Faculty Accountants role in his/her absence.
- Ensure that all system requirements in terms of half-year and year-end procedures have been met timeously and assist with the follow-up of financial/audit queries.
- Evaluate the financial internal controls and the effectiveness of the processes and procedures in the assigned portfolio/s and seek and implement improved internal controls, processes and procedures.
- Attend the management meeting/s of the assigned portfolio/s as the finance specialist and provide financial advice, feedback and coaching, as and when needed.
- Coordinate the Financial Planning functions and processes for assigned portfolio/s.
- Discuss quarterly the consolidated financial report with the portfolio/s management team during a management meeting.
- Prepare a consolidated financial report for the assigned portfolio/s and discuss the report with the Executive Manager.
- Lead the Financial Planning team assigned to this position.
- Proven knowledge of management, general financial principles, financial modelling and costing of products
- Report writing skills
- Excellent time management, organizational skills (including organizing various types of people), as well as ability to prioritize
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Must be able to handle interruptions and changes (Ability to multi-task and still function effectively under pressure
- Demonstration of language proficiency to function optimally in the various functionally multilingual environments of the NWU
- Proven high level analytical and interpretive abilities and problem solving
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years of completed articles is desirable
- B Com Degree (with accounting 3 and/or Management Accounting 3) is essential
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in Microsoft Excel experience is essential
- 3-5 years ERP systems (e.g. Oracle, KFS experience is desirable
- 3 years staff management experience is essential
- 5-8 years Financial/Management Accounting experience in a medium to large size is essential
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Potchefstroom, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A