Website Anglo American
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
- Perform maintenance work, as required by the maintenance schedule and determine.
- Translate requirements into layouts and manufacture of required items and then install items safely and according to specifications using various types of equipment to develop/ construct items e.g. gas torch cutting and welding equipment.
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act regulations (Chapter 16), manufacturing and company standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Senior Engineering Foreman.
- Contribute to a culture of zero harm by adhering to all requirements as laid down by legislation, health, safety, environmental, and security policies and procedures, and by the application of specific instructions to own work area and task completion.
- Perform routine maintenance and condition monitoring of equipment structural components whether any items require repair, total replacement or upgrades.
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Successfully obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, callouts, and work overtime
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications’ verification, relevant psychometric assessments, and a clear security clearance
- Valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years’ experience as a certified boilermaker within the mining or heavy industrial sectors of which x2 years’ experience is within a mining shaft environment
- Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification with mathematics and Physical Science
- Skills to troubleshoot, repair and maintain structural components of all equipment within area of responsibility
- Sound knowledge and experience of Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to field of work
- Please note: Will be expected of all successful candidates to undergo training regarding the winder system at the mine
- Trade Certificate: Boilermaker
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Musina, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A