Website Anglo American
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
- Contribute to a culture of zero harm by adhering to all requirements as laid down by legislation, health, safety, environmental, security policies, and procedures, and by the application of specific instructions to own work area and task completion.
- Discuss work backlog and future work requirements with the Supervisor and plan corrective measures to rectify e.g., re-scheduling, prioritising, labour assistance, etc.
- Carry out scheduled and non-scheduled repairs and installation work as required to ensure optimum equipment availability and reliability.
- Conduct defect elimination on mechanical systems in order to eliminate repeats.
- Attend to defects raised through various detection processes, reports, breakdown sheets and over-inspection mechanisms.
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications’ verification, relevant psychometric assessments, and a clear security clearance
- Successfully obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- Skills to troubleshoot, repair and maintain mechanical systems and major equipment within area of responsibility
- Please note: Will be expected of all successful candidates to undergo training
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Sound knowledge and experience of Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to field of work
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, callouts, and work overtime as per the role requirements
- Valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite
Qualification & Experience:
- Min of 3 years’ experience as a certified fitter within the mining or heavy industrial sectors
- Trade Certificate: Fitter or Fitter and Turner
- Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification with pure mathematics and Physical Science
- A sound knowledge of hydraulic systems as these pertains to a heavy mechanical plant
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Musina, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A