Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
- Continuously monitor maintenance progress and related preparation activities against planned schedules to meet operational targets, minimize downtime, enable timely reporting and enhance plant efficiency.
- Identify any opportunities for improved cost management and either address these, or raise them with your supervisor, as appropriate
- Equipment/machinery is tested for functionality and safety before being returned to production
- Failure analysis investigations are facilitated to find the root cause and solutions to problems
- Contribute to the development of the Department budget
- Assistance is provided proactively or when requested by maintenance personnel
- When a new system is installed, the maintenance personnel is trained on the maintenance of the system
- Components causing excessive downtime are identified and permanent solutions are found and implemented
- When necessary, modifications or new electrical systems are designed, installed and commissioned.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12/N3 (Technical Matric)
- National Diploma (Electrical Engineering)
- A2 Safety Training
- Code 08 Drivers Licence
- 2 -3 years’ operational experience in electrical power systems.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kathu, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A