Website Anglo American
You have the experience and attention to detail to be part of diverse teams protecting our people and our site: South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine and currently one of its biggest infrastructure projects. You’ll need to remain calm under pressure and communicate well at all levels.
- Guide Plant Hands on the correct safe practices, upon their being instructed to assist in the plant, when necessary.
- Perform pre-start checks for abnormalities on equipment and assist Process Controller by physically checking whether the plant is functioning.
- Keep Process Controller informed on physical condition of the operational treatment plant.
- Assume the duties of the Process Controller as and when reasonably required.
- Adhere to and promote applicable legislation, company safety, security and environmental policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Assess by physical inspection on mine material and effect on the separation efficiency of the sections of the plant.
- Ensure effective operation of the treatment plant by inspecting, replacing and adding of plant consumables.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant De Beers Marine in-house plant training modules complete (applicable to Internal candidates)
- Grade 12 or NQF equivalent
- L3 Mineral Processing Learnership certificate
- 3 years diamond processing plant experience.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A