Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
- Ongoing communication with relevant external stakeholders regarding monitoring and performance against water quality goals and regulatory requirements relating to water use and water quality.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary water team and deliver Water Management Plan
- Dewatering impact zone monitoring and engagement with interested/affected parties
- Dewatering of pit to ensure dry and safe mining conditions
- Accurate and up to date hydrogeological models (conceptual, numerical, analytical)
- Effective monitoring & reporting of hydrogeological parameters (water levels, abstraction rates, water quality, well yields, rainfall etc)
- Managing financial budgets for capital and operational expenditure for hydrogeological work (drilling, consultants, infrastructure, equipment, instrumentation)
- Annual updates of hydrogeological models
- Maintaining ground water level below mining level
- Experience in external stakeholder relationships such as DWS, regional water authorities, local municipalities and surrounding landowners.
- Experience in large scale mine dewatering systems.
- Experience with site-wide water balances.
- Experience in slope depressurisation systems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Honours degree in Geology or Hydrogeology
- SACNASP accreditation or relevant accreditation
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in hydrogeology and/or water management in large open pit mining operations.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Postmasburg, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A