Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
- Support the Business PSO in terms of data analysis, trending, interpretation of data and reporting on findings.
- Conduct analysis required to support Business Improvement and Operational managers to make critical decisions about potential business benefits and tradeoff for a range of initiatives
- Assist with developing training material customized for local circumstances yet utilize concepts and material consistent with the Anglo Business Improvement and OM models.
- Support the Business PSO in terms of data analysis, trending, interpretation of data and reporting on findings
- Assist with educating line in key Business Improvement concepts, particularly with respect to analyze and improve through coaching.
- Provide process and Business Improvement advice to line to enable them to drive improvement projects/initiatives by identifying areas of improvement through data analysis, assist with setting up improvement projects and setting up objectives and tracking KPI’s
- Facilitating the process of identification, prioritization and implementation of Sishen improvement projects, based on sound BI principles such as ‘ Theory of
- Constraints’, ‘Value stream mapping’, and approved methodologies, such as the A&I process, time studies, etc.
- Good knowledge of change management methodologies
- Good understanding of Open cast Iron Ore Mining and Beneficiation Processes
- Good knowledge of Business Improvement processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of Business Process Re-engineering
- Knowledge of the Mining Industry and relevant legislation including the Mine Health and Safety Act
- Good understanding of Anglo American Plc and Kumba Iron Ore policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
Qualification & Experience:
- Lean 6 Sigma, Project Management and Data Analytics Certification will be an advantage
- B. Tech or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mining, Metallurgical Engineering
- 2 years experience in the Mining, Processing and Maintenance Engineering field within the Mining Industry
- 1 years experience in Business Improvement, Data Analytics or related field
- Project Management experience will be advantageous
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A