Website Anglo American
The main purpose of the role is the procurement of goods, capital equipment and services, sourcing of new vendors, benchmarking of pricing, management of commercial risk, maintaining adherence to policies and procedures, ensuring that value for money is maximized and cost savings are generated for the company.
- To engage with Finance to understand the business plan to maximize value for money and cost savings to assist with supplier negotiations.
- To lead the supplier negotiations, recommend supplier selection and implement contracts to encourage continual improvement.
- To support the business to monitor supplier’s performance in line with KPIs, contractual obligations and service level agreements.
- Progresses the tender package through the approval process to ensure timeous placing of the contracts.
- Recommends, in liaison with the originator, suppliers to invite to tender based on an analysis of the technical information provided by the originator.
- Issues enquiries to selected tenderers and oversees the clarification of tenders.
- Compile the supplier contract document and incorporating any changes agreed between the Contractor and the Company.
- Prepares enquiry documents ensuring maximum safeguards and benefits to the company, based on information provided by the originator such as technical specifications, commercial factors etc.
- Executes the commercial evaluation in order to make informed decisions.
- Knowledge of applicable practices, policies and procedures.
- A Legal / Commercial degree with requisite expertise.
- In depth knowledge of contracts management and administration.
- Knowledge in contract law and/or drafting is a requirement.
- Good understanding of the purchasing framework, and related policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of the BBBEE Code of Good Practice and Mining Charter.
- Extensive experience in a commercial/legal environment.
- Knowledge of procurement processes, techniques and systems.
- Understanding of relevant safety and construction contract legislations.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A