Website Anglo American
Manages and co-ordinates the Technical Operations Unit (comprising of Mining Systems Workshop and shutdowns) objectives. Responsible for ensuring teams provide sound technical support, ensuring maximum operational efficiency and effectiveness that will maximize shareholder value and growth in line with the De Beers Marine objectives.
- Manage the establishment of Engineering standards, specifications and service levels according to organizational objectives to ensure maximum operational availability.
- Identify and ensure that the Technical Operations Unit critical business processes are developed and implemented, drawing on synergies from other organizational processes for operational excellence.
- Manage the Engineering Workshop teams to ensure the effective delivery of repaired and manufactured equipment of customer’s marine vessels.
- Co-ordinate efforts and integration across Unit disciplines and departments to ensure seamless integration and service delivery
- Manage the In-port/Shut Down department to ensure the effective delivery of In-ports, and shut-down maintenance of customer’s marine vessels.
- Ensure feedback of technical knowledge and baseline information into knowledge management systems e.g. Document control, Configuration
- Management, Knowledge Database Management, Information Management etc.
- Compile the Business Unit Risk Log and manage significant risk according to sound risk management practice and organizational requirements.
- Strategic management and implementation of Unit’s strategy to ensure a sustainable function delivering to the requirements of its customers.
- Analyse and Interpretation of core technical and related business information and trends
- Ability to think and act strategically, with the drive and energy to deliver successfully
- Management of complex marine technical project execution
- Technical competency in complex system planning and build integration
- Technical execution competency covering multi-disciplinary engineering maintenance and marine mining systems
Qualification & Experience:
- University Honours Degree in Engineering (4 years minimum)
- Experience at middle to senior management level (7 to 10 yrs)
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A