Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
- Ensuring best practices are followed by the section
- Planning, implementing, and managing maintenance schedules while taking cognisance of production targets to ensure minimal production interruption.
- Preventative maintenance is carried out as per schedule & equipment failure is kept to the minimum & availability is maintained within the set targets
- Ensuring all maintenance is done by authorised staff
- Identifying improvement opportunities and implement these where feasible and maintain the new standards of performance.
- Ensuring plant shutdowns & plant maintenance are planned and done according to production schedules
- Ensuring that all system and administrative requirements are met.
- Managing the maintenance of equipment, machines, processes, and tools in a manner that maximum availability is ensured at all times and required quality standards are achieved.
- A maintenance plan exists for every piece of equipment and maintenance is done according to standards or the prescribed maintenance policy
- Reports on maintenance requirements and or trends completed on regular basis
- Ensuring components causing excessive downtime are identified & permanent solutions are found and implemented.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant operational experience within mining industry
- Trade Test (Mechanical Engineering discipline)
- Grade 12
- Driver’s License Code B (Light Vehicle )
- N4 Qualification
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Postmasburg, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A