Website Anglo American
About the job
Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
To provide quality claims registrations service while ensuring excellent service to clients and brokers at the start of the claims journey, and ensuring clarity of process to follow and guiding them towards the best options regarding and ensuring completeness of claims information before moving the file to the relevant claims back office area.
Critical Objectives And Responsibilities
To Provide Quality Claims Registration Services
- Take inbound calls in accordance with predetermined compliance and customer service processes and procedures ensuring effective and efficient claims registration service
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of Old Mutual Insure (OMI) product offerings, client history, and other claims related information material to the claim at hand.
- Actively listen and capture claims details to and advising client of any additional documents or information that may still be required if not provided upfront.
- Show tolerance and patience in understanding customer’s emotional state and turning any negative situation into positive.
- Deal with all customers in a professional manner in strict accordance with OMI culture, products and quality standards.
- Customer first
Quality service delivery
- Provide customer services in line with quality and performance standards
- Build positive customer relations and solve or escalate customer queries and complaints
- Gather feedback on any customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction and report to the relevant team leader or OMI manager
- Proactively suggest improvements in customer service and relations where applicable.
- Contribute to a service culture which builds rewarding relationships, propose innovations and support peers in providing exceptional client service.
- Leading with influence
- Old Mutual values are at the core of the way work is done
- Develops relationships by establishing mutual interests and needs
- Establishes rapport. Comes across as warm, diplomatic and respectful
- Responds appropriately to the diverse needs of others
- Responsible and dependable – builds trust
- Handles criticism and negativity tactfully
- Demonstrates control over own emotions and impulses
- Schedules own tasks in order to get work done over a period of 1 day to 3 months
- Makes use of other resources when needed
- Maintains a diary or schedule
- Adjusts schedule based on priority issues
- Plans use of own time to accomplish a variety of tasks
- Takes action without being prompted to do so
- Clearly spells out the next steps to be taken
- Sets high standard of work performance for self by being accurate; detailed and adhering to relevant processes and procedures
- Perseveres until key tasks are completed
- Displays energy in tackling challenges
- Personal mastery
- Acknowledges own strengths and development areas and demonstrates self-insight
- Demonstrates ability to learn on the job
- Shows ability to adapt behaviour based on feedback
- Deals with pressure whilst being responsible for demanding workloads.
- Is able to take cope with changes to work environment
- Takes ownership for results
- Optimistic approach to life – believe in own ability to deal with stressful situations
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required
- NQF Level 4 qualification in general insurance.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in personal lines underwriting.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in Old Mutual Insure.
- Knowledge of Old Mutual Insure claims administration systems and processes will be beneficial.
- Communication: Able to effectively communicate verbally, telephonically and in writing with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Customer: Putting the customer at the heart of business decisions and driving to improve value for customers.
- Collaboration: Creates trust, respect and builds meaningful relationships. Able to handle a wide range of relational challenges to ensure collaboration across boundaries.
- Personal mastery: Learns and actively works to build self-awareness; develop through experience and feedback from others. Copes effectively with stress and has the resilience to take on stretching and challenging assignments. Adjusts effectively to work within new work structures; processes; requirements and cultures.
- Executing: Displays consistent energy, drive and perseverance in order to deliver results. Demonstrates a willingness to take calculated risks to achieve stretch performance goals
14 March 2023
Old Mutual Limited is pro-vaccination and encourages its workforce to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
All prospective employees are required to disclose their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
Please refer to the Old Mutual’s Covid-19 vaccination policy for further detail. Kindly note that Old Mutual reserves the right to reinstate the requirement to vaccinate at any point if it is of the view that it is imperative to do so.