Website Anglo American
About the job
Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
The Operations activity focussing on credit support can be described as the “run the business” function supporting credit stakeholders – consisting of information provided, reports generated, stakeholder management undertaken ties and pulls all the different functions of the credit team together thus demonstrating the heavy reliance on the effectiveness of the incumbent in this role.
The primary outcome is to manage the day-to-day related process within the business. The incumbent’s responsibilities will cover a wide range of asset classes, system and reporting requirements. The incumbent will be required to coordinate the work of the various teams and work with teams across the value chain to provide a first-class technical specialist service to internal and external stakeholders.
A distinctive opportunity to play a critical role in building knowledge in credit and its governance within a group context and supporting business and stakeholders with operational support, monitoring, and management information.
The incumbent may be required to complete further studies where necessary to ensure the ability to support Key Result Areas.
Preference will be given to appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged candidates, in accordance with OMSFIN’s commitment to employment equity. Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply giving full details of qualifications and working experience.
Key Result Areas
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following primary functions:
- Ensure provision of a high-quality service to the relevant Committees, including facilitating planning meetings, preparation of management information packs, adhoc tracking and record keeping where required.
- Working closely with the voting members of Committees and Committees to ensure that risks are reported and managed appropriately.
- Developing systems to improve the efficiency of the across the process.
- Ensuring quality standards and commitments to all stakeholders are met.
- Regularly reviewing the terms of reference across committees which interfaces with the business across the group (OM entity levels), ensuring suitability.
Monitoring, Maintenance and Data Tagging
- Facilitation of daily limit and exposure monitoring.
- Credit rating verification in respect of mandates and reports.
- Maintains exception based processes and reporting thereof.
- Data maintenance and tagging as this relates to the credit and capital functions.
- Responsible for various reporting requirements including consolidation of management reporting, mandate reporting, limit reporting, Economic Capital inputs Reporting, across stakeholders (in line with OMSFIN OM Group requirements).
- Ensure that these processes are supported by adequate Infrastructure to fulfil its mandate and close stakeholder working relationship is maintained in relation to systems.
- Ensure that all reporting relating to credit issues is coordinated optimally across stakeholder clients, including working with the designated teams to provide consolidated risk reporting.
Economic Capital Support
- Monitor the credit ratings assigned by the credit team (this requires a solid understanding of the credit metrics required for capital modelling (i.e. PD, LGD etc.) and provide information support to the E-Cap team.
- Serve as a link between the Economic capital and Team/s to ensure that information is shared optimally and reporting to external stakeholders is coordinated appropriately to include both credit and Economic capital information.
Credit governance & administrative support
- Monitor compliance with Old Mutual Group credit and related affiliate policies (and facilitate evidence thereof).
- Manage forum-specific terms of reference and procedural standards for various credit forums (‘committees’) including facilitation of record keeping.
- Ensure consistent administrative standards in terms of the functioning of all credit forums (i.e. new approval requests, periodic reports submitted, etc).
- Ensure rigorous standards in the management of existing structured, unlisted debt exposures: payment and covenant monitoring, monitoring of utilisation, etc.
Controls and other support:
- A key process SME in relation to documenting procedures in Business process management software and maintenance thereof.
- Responsible for operational compliance and adherence to control procedures.
- Query Resolution and management of both internal and external stakeholders including audit requests while building and maintaining good rapport across client stakeholders.
- Compiling incident reports analysing the root cause of any possible breaches and recommend preventative measures.
- Any other adhoc administrative tasks as required to support the business and operations area.
Requirements: Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- Commerce degree or diploma and commitment to enhance technical investment support and market skills through further formal studies in appropriate courses, where deemed necessary.
- Between 5-7 years relevant working experience within operational support or similar environment.
- Computer literacy across Microsoft offerings (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, Outlook etc.).
- A broad understanding of broad assets and classes, i.e. listed, unlisted, structured finance deals and other OTC instruments.
- Exposure to credit in the investment space would be advantageous.
- Direct or indirect exposure to OMI and OML’s business.
- A broad understanding of financial markets and participant.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve individual and team results.
- Capacity to learn quickly and deal with evolving job requirements particularly as technology changes are rolled out.
- Ability to interact effectively all levels.
- A self-starter who is professional, resilient and client focused.
- Works within strict timelines but still maintain high quality of work with a high stress tolerance.
- Proven communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
- Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills.
- Above average attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Good problem-solving capability and seeing issues through to resolution.
- Ownership and balanced / sound recommendations for management decision making.
- Analytical thinking.
- Accountability and Execution – holds self and others (where delivery is through others) accountable for delivery.
- Learning agility (curious and willing to learn).
- Good analytical, reasoning and numerical aptitude.
- Excellence / continuous improvement.
Old Mutual Limited has adopted a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 by 1 April 2022. All prospective employees are required to disclose their vaccination certificates or cards as part of the recruitment process.
If you have an objection to taking the Covid-19 vaccination, you will be required to produce a negative PCR test (at your own cost) on a weekly basis as an alternative to vaccination. Prospective employees must inform the recruiter of their election prior to start date.
Please refer to the Old Mutual policy for further detail. Old Mutual reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time.