Website Anglo American
About the job
To provide IT expertise and support in the design and configuring of new systems and enhancements to existing systems in accordance with agreed framework of programming standards. To produce logical and technical specifications from functional specifications and to write the code for small to medium applications.
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness by removal of duplicated processes.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effectively.
- Implements system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
- Code, compile, test and implement applications. Support development environments.
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
- Mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance.
- Minimise system defects by ensuring minimisation of recurring problems from a functional and performance perspective.
- Ensure accurate verification of systems post change.
- Manage programming incidents to provide efficient support, aligned to SLA’s and agreed standards.
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request training where appropriate and needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum: Diploma or required certification.
- Preferred: B.Comm, B.Eng, BSC Eng, BSC Informatics or related degree.
- 2-4 years related experience.
- Familiar with one or more programming language appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.