Website Anglo American
The role is to support the Section Manager/Metallurgists in achieving his/her objectives and deliverables. The purpose of this role is to prepare samples for testing, operate bench and pilot-scale equipment, capture data and prepare samples for analytical purposes at agreed output levels consistent with project requirements. An understanding of the relevant safety and quality requirements will be essential to success in the role.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) will be required.
- Quality splitting, screening on samples received for analysis.
- Provide assistance/support to projects that are undertaken at operations.
- Provide assistance/support in the operation of pilot plants/pilot-scale equipment.
- Operate/assist in operating bench-scale laboratory equipment.
- Situational reporting to senior staff and accurately report on progress to supervisor as required. Keep production registers up to date.
- Responsible for sample preparation for work streams based on correct methodology.
- Delivery of assigned task on specified time.
- Operation and maintenance of specialised sample preparation and testing equipment. May be required to liaise directly with the equipment and consumable suppliers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Essential: Diploma in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Advantageous: BTech or 3 year degree in Minerals Processing or Chemical Engineering
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A