At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we work hard, play hard and make history. We believe that work should be a fun place where you can hone your natural talents. We believe in people taking Ownership of their space, and driving initiatives with all their creativity to Deliver Results for our Customers. If this sounds like the place you would like to work, send us your resume/CV. You will be surrounded by people who are smart and passionate about cloud computing and supporting our customers.
We are looking for good people who love developing elegant solutions to solve hard problems to delight our customers. At Amazon, you’ll learn new things and learn new perspectives.
When we say “working at scale” we really mean it. AWS Customers are continuing to leverage AWS Services for applications ranging from exploratory to targeted innovative solutions to business-critical systems. A key deciding factors for our customers in choosing AWS is the quality and reliability of the support they expect. Kumo is our software engineering organization that helps us scaleour support capabilities. Kumo engineers build technology so our customers can make the best of their investment in AWS, and have world-class support along the way. Kumo engineers work on a range of interesting challenges, like (a) providing timely and personalized information about availability of AWS resources, (b) self-service ways to solve problems in using AWS resources, and (c) efficient case management for fast and complete resolution of cases. Kumo engineers leverage the latest AWS technologies, extensive set of Amazon/AWS tools and frameworks, and rely on a diverse, experienced and talented peer group to solve the challenges.
You Will Have Knowledge In The Following Disciplines
- You recognize and adopt best practices in software development engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- You understand how to operate services at scale in production.
- You build antifragile systems
- You can define APIs and integrate them into usable interfaces
- You define data models that store information efficiently, while solving the customer requirement.
- Excellent knowledge of back-end programming (C++, Java, Python)
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible/scalable systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. Where existing solutions are known, you use them.
- You understand fundamental data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them.
- You anticipate and prevent future problems from occurring.
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering Bachelors degree or equivalent Bachelors degree
- The technical skills required for this role include strong object-oriented design and programming in Java or C++
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Company – Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
Job ID: A2170298