If you are you passionate about design, understanding user behavior, solving customer problems and have disruptive ideas for how we can better interact with our customers then come join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 Console team. We are seeking a talented and passionate User Experience Designer to join our growing team, with a primary focus on the EC2 and VPC management consoles. You will have a visible impact on our business as you shape the way customer interact with us and the mechanisms we use to respond to them. You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle.
As a user experience designer on our team you will be responsible for driving design deliverables such as wireframes, visual design, interaction models, and prototypes for the EC2 and VPC management consoles. You should have comprehensive understanding of the current state of technology and best practices, with a critical awareness of implications on user-centered design and functionality. You are customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams as well as skilled in using data to make decisions and can effectively communicate these to all stakeholders.
You may already know if you’re a fit, but perhaps you’re worried about technology and experience requirements? Don’t be – we’re looking for smart, proven, UX Designers; if you’re the right candidate, we’re flexible.
You’re still worried? Here are some things that we’d prefer to see:
- Quickly and thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, data, customer feedback, and technical constraints/opportunities
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant UIs
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Please include your online portfolio and process examples in your application.
- At least 4+ years experience in a combination of user experience design, mobile/app/web design, interaction design, information architecture creation
- Regular and recent creation of various appropriate artifacts for the design of complex web and mobile applications, including flows, models, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity comps.
- Fluency with user interface patterns for desktop browser, mobile web, and native mobile design.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience.
- Experience shipping products and evaluating metrics to determine success
- Experience working directly with developers and multiple management levels for implementation of designs.
- History of creative and innovative design approaches successfully delivered
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present rationale for design decisions.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field relevant to design, or equivalent UX experience.
- Experience with complex products and systems
Please include your online portfolio and process examples in your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Company – Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
Job ID: A2086729