You will work with customers and partners, leading them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant Sales and Service Teams. You will design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations. You will create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms. You will guide customers’ technical architecture and investments, maximizing alignment with the AWS platform, and ease of adoption as new services and products become available. You will help customers define target business outcomes and related work streams, and lead the subsequent projects and initiatives to consistently exceed these goals.
- Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
- Exposure to the AWS platform and its compute, storage, networking and migration services
- Hands-on experience with deploying and using migration tools (e.g. Double-Take, Racemi)
- Experience working as a professional services consultant
- Experience with migrating applications from on-premises to the AWS Cloud
- Understanding of virtualization technologies and system architectures that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
Qualification & Experience:
- Good experience with agile project management methodologies
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
- This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in leading large-scale migration programs with hands-on expertise in application portfolio analysis, application assessment, migration process design, migration tools implementation, migration execution, or operational integration.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A