- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative products and services.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
- Previous technical internship(s)
Qualification & Experience:
- Although no specific programming language is required – you should be familiar with the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Graduated less than 6 months ago or about to complete a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields at time of application
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A