About the job
Requisition Details & Talent Acquisition Contact
REQ 123667- Tshego Semenya
Closing Date: 20 March 2023
Editorial And Language
Head Editorial and Language Services
To manage the provision of a language risk mitigation service to the Nedbank Group its alliances and associates.
- Deliver a world-class language and editorial service by ensuring a client-centred culture.
- Ensure best practice. Optimise efficiency and embed correct values by ensuring direct reports understand and support Nedbank’s vision, values and strategy.
- Mitigate risk by identifying, monitoring and managing communication non-compliance and managing others doing this.
- Mitigate risk for Nedbank Group by managing and ensuring clear, accurate and appropriate communication.
- Manage the development, standardisation and contribution to the publication of business terminology across identified languages to meet Nedbank Group Language Policy requirements.
- Manage performance of reports and hold them accountable for managing the performance of their reports by implementing performance agreements and ensuring a clear vision Identify relevant development needs.
- Maintain a high performing team by identifying a talent pool through conducting career conversations and using the talent grid principles and developing talent retention programmes.
- Build depth of skills and knowledge in the team of managers by sharing knowledge and insight with team members.
- Ensure continuous improvement goals are achieved by creating an environment whereby self, managers and team are encouraged to challenge the status quo by initiating constructive debates about work practices and areas for improvement.
- Ensure that the training offering is relevant by aligning it to business needs.
- Meet business requirements by monitoring the quality of training delivered by the facilitator.
- Manage the negotiation and management of deadlines to meet Nedbank Group its alliances’ and associates’ business requirements.
- Managing the provision of editorial and language guidance to ensure that the Group meets language policy requirements.
- Monitor and execute document production to ensure compliance with policy and due process within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure compliance with language policy.
- Provide assurance on compliance by compiling and presenting reports.
- Mitigate risk.
- Formulate the Group Language Policy.
- Meet Nedbank Group Language Policy requirements.
- Satisfy internal and external client requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Contribute to stakeholder relationships.
- Satisfy internal client requirements.
- Ensure clear, accurate and appropriate communication.
- Ensure transformational target are met.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Ensure issues raised in culture survey are addressed and results are improved.
- Identify areas of resource inefficiencies and promote optimisation.
- Manage the operational spend in line with the approved budget.
- Provide input into the budget forecasting process.
- Ensure recovery targets of the department are met.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Honours in Applied Linguistics/English/Language Practice
Minimum Experience Level
- 8 years as Senior Editor in the financial industry
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years in a managerial role
- A Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics/English or equivalent
- Accredited with South African Translators Institute or equivalent.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business administration and management
- Business principles
- Capacity planning
- Change management
- Communication Strategies
- Diversity management
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Management information and reporting principles, tools and mechanisms
Preference will be given to candidates from the underrepresented groups
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566