At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Amazon Web Services (AWS) Human Resources team as a Human Resources Partner. We expect the individual to be a strong logical thinker who can demonstrate teamwork, communicate effectively and handle multiple priorities and projects demonstrating fantastic project management abilities. We are also a data driven organisation so strong data analytics abilities are a huge plus.
Our HR Partners are known for their knowledge of HR programs, processes and tools. They act as the frontline consultant to the business, working with managers in creating a positive employee experience and offering the best HR advice on people matters. They operate and are seen as subject matter experts, having deep knowledge in company and local programs, processes and policies; and offer strong, credible and compelling advice to business leaders on how to manage their team. They are dedicated to collaboration with multiple HR Business Partners and HR Specialists aligned to various businesses.
HR Partners are part of the Builder Experience Team (BeXT) in AWS HR which delivers personalized people-support to AWS Builders (employees and managers) to increase HR capacity and amplify the voice of the Builder. HR Partners provide dedicated, central HR support that scales using technology and simplified processes to match the speed and agility of the AWS business. BeXT serves as a partner in execution with line HR teams and specializes in designing, implementing, and improving both existing and new services.
The HR Partner will act as an influential partner in helping managers with talent management processes, people development, and implementation of organizational changes. Thanks to their visibility across organizations and their access to employee data, HR Partners are in a position to spot trends, identify emerging needs and address them in partnership with the appropriate business or HR stakeholders. The HRP supports, advise and coaches managers on employee issues including disciplinary, performance improvement and grievance processes.
- Work with people leaders through performance management cases
- Analyze data and trends on ER and performance management, in order to provide input to the business strategy with the relevant HR Business Partner to prevent the recurrence of known issues
- Coach, train and guide managers during the Talent Management and Annual Compensation Planning processes
- Consult and coach managers on employee compensation concerns
- Enable the success of new and experienced managers by leveraging, delivering and improving existing training content and internal resources and partnering with the central Talent Development teams to anticipate and address emerging needs
- Support people managers with career conversations, Development Plans/Career Growth Plans and other development initiatives
- Support managers and employees in identifying training opportunities to further develop functional and managerial skills
Employee Relations & Support – Process ownership for Employee Relations management, including disciplinary and performance improvement
- Consult managers on people matters that require in depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation
- Process ownership for Employee Relations management, including disciplinary and performance improvement
- Conduct investigations and manage employee relations cases, in coordination with the Employee Relations and with the Legal departments
- Manage the exit process, including conducting ad-hoc exit interviews
- Review local policies and processes in order to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Act as stewards of the employee experience and Amazon’s culture
- Act as Point of Contact and Program Manager for people tools, processes, programs or projects
- Design and deliver Manager Education initiatives to further drive collective education and manager effectiveness
- Analyze data and observations across the organization, highlighting trends and recommending/driving solutions, as appropriate
About The Team
The Builder Experience Team known as BeXT delivers personalized people-support to AWS Builders to increase HR capacity and amplify the voice of the Builder. BeXT is comprised of HR Partners (BeXT HRPs) who provide dedicated, central HR support. BeXT HRPs provide centralized support for Builders that scales using technology and simplified processes to match the speed and agility of the AWS business. BeXT serves as a partner in execution with line HR teams and specializes in designing, implementing, and improving both existing and new services. We are relentless in making it easier for HR’s end customer, the Builder, to work with us, which is why we align the BeXT leaders to the flywheel and/or regional models existing within the business today. The team’s North Star is to enable optimal performance and people management for AWS Builders through a seamless HR operating model.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in Human Resources or related field
- +5 years of relevant Human Resources experience
- Local employment law knowledge with additional country knowledge as beneficial
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and analysis.
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and spoken English, additional languages are plus
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Project management and execution skills
- Strong expertise on process simplification and continuous improvement
- Coaching and consulting skills
- Possess conviction and tenacity, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Drives recommendations and prioritization in collaboration with HR or business leaders to put decisions into a broader business context
- Thrives in a high-pressure, ambiguous environment and able to manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team & business
- Take the lead when faced with new and challenging opportunities
- Are passionate about using data and analytics; are excited about having one of the world’s largest data warehouses at their fingertips
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Company – Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
Job ID: A2218983