Website Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. Low cost. Instant Elasticity. Open & Flexible. Secure.
To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you have previous programming experience via application/web development, and/or enterprise system administration experience, and can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences at different stages in the AWS journey, we’d like to speak with you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our AWS Skills Center Training Team in a key leadership role.
Here’s your chance to work as a Senior Technical Trainer Team Lead on a newly formed team, with high visibility and significant customer impact. The successful candidate is an experienced technical trainer, ideally with hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and/or in-depth knowledge of software architecture and virtualization technologies.
In this role, you will deliver training content to new learners in order to meet our Mission: “We believe cloud computing education is one of the most impactful opportunities for professional growth; our mission is to attract, inspire, and educate new foundational learners to pursue their potential in the cloud.” You’ll have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships. You will have excellent communication skills and proven technology training experience.
Key job responsibilities
Key job responsibilities
- Deliver instructor-led classroom and virtual training on a regular schedule at a single location with occasional travel
- Manage a team of Technical Trainers.
- Provide oversight and direction to the team that aligns with business goals and objectives
- Help shape the ongoing strategy and mission of the AWS Skills Centers program.
- Assist in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials.
- Work with key vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content.
- Mentor and train internal and external authorized trainers as part of a train the trainer program
About The Team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About The Team
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
- 5+ years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration.
- Experience conducting classroom training for related technology products and services.
- Technical degree (i.e. Computer Science) or relevant work experience required.
- Recent experience architecturing, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired.
- Experience designing and developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content.
- A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners.
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects.
- Recent coding experience in one or more of the following languages, Java, .Net, Perl, PHP, Ruby or Python.
- Experience with Windows and Linux at the command line.
- Strong oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Company – Amazon Web Services SA Pvt Ltd
Job ID: A2181354