Altron Systems Integration are looking for a Cloud Engineer with expertise in strategy, design, building and implementation of cloud-based solutions.
- Analyzing user requirements to inform application design.
- Participate in all aspects of the development life cycle of cloud solutions including design, requirements, development and implementation.
- Work with business development team to build POCs
- Provide guidance to the team on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives
- Work with technical architectures and other stakeholders to define technical solutions
- Debug and resolve technical problems that arise.
- XAML / XML Design Patterns
- Database experience (Cassandra, DynamoDB, Mongo, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience delivering software in a Scrum development process
- Experience and knowledge in CI/CD practices (git, svn, gradle, maven, yarn, bower, npm, Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks (JaCoCo, JUnit) and TDD
- Strong communication, presentation and mentorship skills, and being able to translate technical jargon to less technical people.
- Container deployment, scaling, management, etc. (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.)
- Deployment Tools – Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience building solutions with a microservices architecture
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- ± 2 Years in designing, building and architecting applications for Cloud
- AWS Certification or other cloud technologies
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and design patterns
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A