The SysOps Engineer is responsible for delivering, maintaining, and optimizing infrastructure, database, and middleware capabilities to support and enable the development and operations of modules and solutions. This role is also responsible for reviewing solution designs, understanding their impact on application/infrastructure; building and implementing infrastructure and applications, and monitoring, maintaining, and supporting the operational environments.
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
- Manage and/or ensure run operations of complex hybrid cloud platforms solutions
- Monitor and fine-tune utilization of microservices resources.
- Help debug issues on platform.
- Knowledge of Load Balancers, Firewalls and network switching components
- Capabilities to provide AWS operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Ensure network, infrastructure and application security vulnerabilities are identified and resolved through patching or other mitigations
- Experience in setting up Cloud Monitoring using CloudWatch or any other tool
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS
- Configure tools to ingest monitoring data, develop alert criterion.
- Implement services and infrastructure to support new systems
- Explicit knowledge of Computing, Storage, Networking, and Security technologies in the Amazon AWS hosting environment
- Strong knowledge of Linux, shell scripts, SQL, Configuration management and monitoring
- Diagnose and resolve problems, escalating and communicating issues where appropriate
- Configure the infrastructure to generate relevant metrics for uptime monitoring.
- Excellent documentation, time management and communication skills
- Understanding of Virtual Network Configuration and Network Security, including firewalls, routing, VPN, VPC, WAF
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with very little supervision and to work well in a team environment
- Familiarity with the principles of software change management, quality assurance and information security management
Qualification & Experience:
- B.Tech degree or 3-year National Diploma – Information Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology (Required)
- 5 + years experience in support of high availability systems including redundancy, failover and backup/restore
- Cloud administration experience, with a preference for AWS
- 5 + years experience in administration of web server stacks, web server config, load balancers, proxy servers, mail relays, etc.
- AWS Certified SysOps Engineer – desirable
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Woodmead, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A