A bid manager is responsible for overseeing and managing a bid – a detailed, costed, persuasive proposal – on behalf of Altron Systems Integration. A bid manager’s role is to ensure that bids are successful at a price at which their organisation can make a profit. A bid manager is responsible for managing bids with a bid value of R5 million and above. Experience An accomplished experienced bid manager professional with experience managing bids and tenders, processes and internal relations within the IT industry. With proven expertise in the management and facilitation of preparing Executive Summaries and various RFx type responses.
- Manage the proposal schedule in such a way that the response is delivered on time to the client.
- Act as initial escalation point of team issues.
- Assist in compiling a presentation addressing all the relevant information required to make a decision at the BNB and SAR. Schedule and attend the BNB and SAR, inviting all relevant reviewers as per the Delegation of Authority as well as BSI MD requirements.
- Manage internal approval requirements with aligned functions and processes.
- Day-to Day duties- Core Responsibilities
- Work as a trusted peer with the deal owner to execute and drive the win strategy developed by the deal owner in conjunction with the bid team.
- Electronically file all approvals, conditions etc. and save all bid documents and bid emails on the bid office designated back-up / replication site.
- Schedule and chair a bid kick-off meeting to assign and agree responsibilities into bid management.
- In collaboration with the deal owner, identify: resources required to respond to the tender; areas of concern into contractual issues; risks to the company; partner/supplier issues; value add to the existing requirements; win themes; compliance to the delegation of authority as applicable; ensure that the response is in compliance with bid process and all applicable Altron TMT policies and procedures.
- Provide weekly proposals submitted status reports to management. Reports to be forwarded by no later than 17h00 on a Wednesday or on the previous day if the Wednesday is a public holiday.
- Support bid response team to meet client requirements and deadlines.
- Teamworking skills.
- Relationship-building and influencing skills.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Commercial thinking.
- An interest in the sector in which your employer operates, coupled with a willingness to keep up to date with industry trends, regulations and legislation.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- National Certificate Level 4 (N4) / Grade 12 (Required)
- Preferably Degree level qualification or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the bid office environment, managing large value, complex proposals across the Public, Private, Commercial and Financial Sectors.
- Preferably APMP Foundation or Practitioner.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A