Website AECI Limited
About the job
- Writing research reports about macroeconomic issues;
- Executing research projects on behalf of clients;
- Data analysis and quantitative economic modelling;
- Critical interpretation of economic trends;
- Visiting clients and presenting on the South African and global macroeconomy;
- Contributing to maintaining and elevating the BER’s research profile.
Job Requirements/Pos Vereistes
- At least an Honours degree in Economics and/or Econometrics, with five years’ relevant working experience, OR a Master’s degree in Economics and/or Econometrics with four years’ relevant working experience, both related to economic research;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities in English;
- The ability to interpret complex economic analyses and to effectively communicate it to a non-academic audience;
- Proven ability to manage time and work under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint;
- Proven ability to initiate and complete research projects independently;
- Experience of working as part of a research team.
- Proven ability to identify and critically investigate research questions;
- Excellent knowledge and experience in developing and maintaining a suite of databases and/or models for use in economy-wide modelling;
- A research profile in the form of applied and/or published research;
- Working experience with a focus on applied economic research;
- Interest in the visualisation of economic data;
- Proficiency in R or similar software and practical experience with programming software (such as Stata or EViews).
Candidates invited for an interview will be requested to submit examples of their research work and also might have to, if deemed necessary, complete a skills test.
How To Apply/Hoe Om Aansoek Te Doen
Stellenbosch University is committed to employment equity (EE), and appointments will be made in line with the EE plan for the specific environment as well as the institutional EE Plan of the University.Stellenbosch University reserves the right not to make an appointment
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and email addresses of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post
APPLY ONLINE AT BY USING THE APPLY NOW LINK AT THE TOP RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THE SPECIFIC VACANCY PAGEThe University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four to six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding this post: Prof. Johann Kirsten on 021 808 9754, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Client Services Centre
on 021 808 2753, or at email@example.com
Commencement Date 01-Jul-2023
Closing Date 20-Mar-2023
Amount of Travel
Work At Home