Website Absa Group
About the job
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
Support end-to-end user experience design, including discovery, ideation, conception, detailed design, prototypes and validation across multiple products and areas.
- Deliver IT Digital design services as per agreed performance contract
- Understand and apply existing best practice frameworks to assist in the implementation of identified subject matter processes and standards.
- Provide specialist advice and support in area of accountability to ensure that identified solutions and recommendations are appropriate and effective.
- Identify and recommend new innovative ways of achieving quality results.
- Designers work within established, ad-hoc product, or service teams to solve customer experience problems holistically through the skills of their discipline and their understanding of customer behaviour.
- Designers maintain and challenge the established standards in their discipline.
- Designers have expertise in one or more of the core design disciplines (user experience design, user interface design, service design, customer research, prototype engineering and content strategy) and execute design on one project at a time.
- They participate in project definition, not simply executing on a project, but also working with design leaders to shape the approach and structure of a project.
- A successful Designer is a specialist in one or more of the core disciplines.
- They are self-starters with a passion for high quality design and the expertise in implementing high quality, considered design.
- They have a strong track record of delivering complex, creative and innovative design projects that elevate the customer experience.
Accountability: Problem solving and execution
- Follow an approach defined by the design team, collaborating with other designers and stakeholders to deliver design projects.
- Contribute to defining the approach for a specific design project with design leaders.
- Conduct research (primary and secondary) to understand user’s pains, gains and needs
- Execute design work based on steer from design leaders.
- Adapt designs based on feedback from customers and design leaders.
- Present design work to business stakeholders with the support of design project leads.
- Work with product / service teams to implement customer centric solutions for Absa.
- Advocate for design thinking methodologies and practices.
- Create production ready design deliverables.
Accountability: High quality design
- Create creative and innovative design solutions that deliver world-class customer experience.
- Apply design thinking and best practice design standards with the support of senior designers.
- Leverage insight and data, such as market analysis, customer feedback, user research and analytics to ensure that products/services/solutions are designed around the customer and deliver improved experience.
- Design mock-ups and prototypes as necessary for each stage of the project, continuously iterating to achieve the optimal solution.
- Align the design to the design standards and brand guidelines to ensure consistent experience across the Absa ecosystem.
- Accountability: Building capabilities
- Continuously develop your own expertise by, for example, actively seeking and incorporating feedback, and following external trends and best practices.
- Contribute to the knowledge building of the entire team by actively sharing insights and success stories.
- Continuously research and share insights into world standards and best practices.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised