Website Absa Group
About the job
Duties & Responsibilities
Engagements, Terminations, Transfers, Allowances, Incentives, Disciplinary Notices:
- Prepare and obtain sign off on all relevant HR documentation for all Inland and Head office sites and departments.
- Control all documentation from time of initiation and follow through on all outstanding documentation for designated business units.
- Engage with new recruits on company benefits and completion of the relevant documentation thereof when necessary.
- Prepare and collate all HR related documentation for operations and ensure timeous sign off and submission to CAB.
- Notify relevant departments for terminations of the following:
- Sim Card deactivation or transfer
- Email deactivation
- Access deactivation
- Obtain sign off on all HR documentation packs from HRBP before submission for processing.
- Ensure all LOA’s, Promotion, Transfer etc letters are timeously prepared, signed off and submitted for processing.
- Co-ordinate induction program for all new recruits or new business.
- Assist with the organisation of Long Service Awards when required.
- Ensure criminal, credit, reference and qualification verifications have been conducted on candidates (MIE).
- Assist employees with benefit claims – funeral, death, disability provident fund claims and COIDA processes to ensuring that all required documentation is provided in the
absence of the CAB Administrator.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining business unit organograms.
- Responsible for the data integrity for Inland and Head Office.
- Responsible to ensure all HR related documents are correctly uploaded to the HR Drive and file manager.
- Maintain and update IR, Projects and BAU so that it is always current.
Payroll And Employee Benefits
- Responsible to resolve all operational and headoffice queries within set timeframes by liaising with relevant department or escalating when necessary and ensuring timeous
- Liaise with CAB to close off on all payroll and benefits related queries
- Provide basic advice and support to line managers and employees on Employee Relations matters in line with SA Law and regulations, company policy and procedures, taking
into account relevant business objectives and industry best practise to minimise legal risks.
- Coordination of disciplinary hearings, grievances and appeal processes.
- Coordinate ER training with the training department for designated business unit when required.
- Assist line managers in drafting and review of warning forms issued to employees to ensure that correct codes are utilised in line with company disciplinary procedure. Ensure
the HRBP vets document before issuing.
- Develop and maintain an IR tracker to keep records of the cases, outcomes and timeframes related to disciplinary actions taken against staff members.
- Preparation of CCMA file and submission to HRBP for designated Business Unit.
Performance Management And Learning And Development
- Assist to facilitate and coordinate performance appraisals for various business units and sites.
- Provide basic advice to employees and management on Performance and Learning and Development matters.
- Assist to coordinate all training related to performance management development through the HRBP and the Training Department when required.
- Assist with skills audit tracking and implementation of action plans thereof.
- Consolidate information received from Operations for submission to HRBP.
- Co-ordinate, consolidate, compile and submit all weekly/monthly reporting to the HRBP within set timeframes; e.g. Reports on exit interviews and trends.
- Prepare all HR related documents for HR Operations, ensure timeous sign off and submission to relevant departments.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and weekly reporting and submit to relevant parties ie. Temp Layoff Schedules, Opco Reporting, IR Status Reports etc.
Skills and Competencies
MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organising
- Time Management
- Report Writing
- Commercial awareness
- BCEA, Labour Relations Act, Skills Development Act, Employment Equity Act, Health & Safety Act
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail with a methodical and structural approach.
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Results focussed and professionalism
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Diploma in HR and/or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in:
- Payroll Administration
- Employee Relations Administration
- HR Reporting
- Documentation Management
- Tracking, Monitoring & Control of daily activates