Website Absa Group
About the job
Main Job Purpose
- Schedule the delivery of materials with Suppliers, monitor delivery logistics (Call off)
- Liaise with local Suppliers to ensure material availability to meet schedules and define and execute corrective actions when necessary.
- Manage and resolve week 0 to 1 material availability crises with suppliers.
- Execute SLOB management actions proposed by the Inventory Optimisation Specialist
- Maintain delivery due list with inbound warehouse personnel.
- Ensure the tracking document is populated with integrity of materials by ensuring prompt write offs of obsolete stocks (following global policy)
- Recommend changes on POs to L2 team (MRP Coordinator)
Liaison With Other Parties
- Escalate to Procurement planned material availability issues.
- Liaise with inbound stores on overdue deliveries and follow up with suppliers.
- Liaise with inbound stores and Suppliers for most desirable delivery days.
- Liaise with Suppliers of rejected materials and ensure that all materials are returned to the suppliers.
- Ensure that all GRN on materials on week 0 to 1 are capture timelessly, and if not escalate to the Market & Site Collaboration Planner
- Advise Suppliers of all changes in stock holding policy to ensure that stock is appropriately managed.
- Manage RMPM material write offs at product launches, re-launches, SKU rationalisation, 5S projects, working closely with the MRP Coordinator to ensure that all plans are optimised and run-out schedules are accurately maintained.
- Ensure material availability for RMPM on week 0 to 1 – production trials, ramp up and ramp down.
- Provide input into MOC for RMPM
Working Capital Management
- Work closely with the Procurement team and suppliers to ensure appropriate stock levels for bulks are maintained both on-site and at the suppliers to ensure material availability.
- Execute actions proposed by the Inventory Specialist and End to End Planners on Slow and Obsolete (SLOB) raw and packaging materials and ensure that provisions are raised timeously.
- Provide feedback to Parameter Optimisation Specialist to ensure run strategy is workable.
- Provide and validate input data to the Inventory Specialist for generation of the Inventory Planning Model and agree output prior to implementation.
- Provide and validate other planning master data required by the L2 Hub
- Ensure proper maintenance of relevant data in the system as defined by the Master Data templates.
- Perform regular scheduling data health checks.
- Ensure the plant shortage report is issued weekly.
- Future fit planning skills is an advantage (Curiosity and Agility; Impact through technology)
- Tertiary degree with Supply Chain and/ or Business Management is preferred. An engineering degree will also be considered, with experience in the general supply chain being an advantage.
- Further studies in supply chain, including a APICS/SAPICS qualification, would be beneficial.
- A good understanding of, and the use of SAP is essential.
- Planning and functional business process knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders to achieve results.
- Strong change, service and agile mindset
- Strong accountability and responsibility
- Standards of Leadership: Personal mastery; Agility
- 1-3 Years exposure to broad based Supply Chain management.
- Understand ‘Make’ and ‘Source’ processes.
- Fully operational in ‘Plan’ processes
- Experience in managing external parties.
- Experience working and interacting with all levels in a business.
- FMCG experience
Candidate must be willing to travel locally to other factories in an infrequent basis.
- Factory management and operational teams
- Inbound stores
- L1 Planning team.
- Procurement Teams
- L2 Planning Hub
- Material Suppliers
What You Get: Challenges of the job & experience to be gained.
- Opportunity to work with and optimizing the systems in order to delivery improved planning results.
- Combine several constraints and often divergent objectives.
- Team working with different functions.
- Working with suppliers & managing their development and performance
- Clear vision of the supply chain processes.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.