Website Absa Group Limited
Our Converged Security Office prides itself in its unique structure that sees an integration and collaboration model between our Information Risk, Cyber, Resilience, Physical Security & Forensics teams to ensure effective risk management across all disciplines. It also carries the responsibility of owning, operationally supporting and maintaining specialist security services to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of infrastructure and information to our customers in order to meet industry and regulatory requirements and good practice.
- Ensure timeous compliance regarding specific reporting requirements, differentiate and identify relevance to each investigation: Prevention and Combating of Corrupt Activities Act (PRECCA), Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA), Insurance (i.e. Marsh), Head Office Exchange Control (HOEC), Anti-Bribery and Corruption Act (ABAC), South African Fraud Prevention Services (SAFPS) and South African Banking Risk Intelligence Centre (SABRIC) etc.
- Maintain and update ¡§Significant Cases¡¨ PowerPoint updates on a monthly basis to keep EXCO members appraised of losses / risks exposed during the course of an investigation.
- Conduct a proper risk assessment with each investigation, which includes quantification of the loss, insurance claims, media impact / exposure, blocking accounts, claims, provisions, risk mitigation and compliance reporting, Ombudsman queries and engaging with Group Legal Services etc.
- Capture all fixed fields listed on the CIES system – per case – for management information and statistical purposes (accurately and timeously).
- Obtain all relevant evidence related to the investigation, analyse, evaluate the evidence, and determine what evidence is admissible or inadmissible in order to make meaningful observations / conclusions on the findings.
- Interview internal and external suspects, witnesses and victims and obtain written statements to conclude investigation findings for disciplinary hearings, criminal and civil matters etc.
- Make meaningful and factually based recommendations to Stakeholders, with regard to the raising of provisions / refunds to clients/ repudiations / recovery actions and write-offs to conclude the financial aspects of an investigation.
- Analytical skills – Advanced
- Team management skills – team building and leadership – Solid
- Problem solving ability – Advanced
- Communication skills – verbal and written – Advanced
- Relationship management and networking – Advanced
- Report writing – Advanced
- Ability to work independently and under pressure – Advanced
- Risk management – Solid
- Influencing and negotiating – Advanced
- Conflict management – Solid
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Retail Banking environment
- General knowledge of Risk Management and Principles of Risk Management.
- Experience in the fraud investigation environment.
- Diploma in Forensic Investigation and Criminal Justice or
- Equivalent Degree
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Law, Military Science and Security (Required)
Company: Absa Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Randburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A