Website Absa Group Limited
Apply critical thinking & problem solving skills to contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle & quickly produce well-organised, optimized, and documented source code to deliver high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
- Evaluate analysis, problem definition, business requirements, solution development & provide recommendations to enable the operational feasibility of solutions
- Apply general design patterns and paradigms to deliver technical solutions
- Work with integrated teams and other developers to improve and evolve technical products and services
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle including
- Provide input into project & program teams (when required) to plan & manage the development lifecycle e.g. releases, risk management, testing, integration etc.
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
- Apply critical thinking, design thinking and problem solving skills in an agile team environment to solve technical problems (Front End, Back End OR Middleware) with high quality solutions
- Use & configure modern observability techniques leveraging e.g. aggregated logging via ELK stack, metrics via Prometheus / Grafana / NewRElic and tracing using Zipkin/Jaeger
- Ensure designs & solutions support the technical organisation principles of self-service, repeatability, testability, scalability & resilience
- Align all application development & development process to Group Architecture & Infrastructure guidelines
- Quickly produce well-organised, optimized, and documented source code to deliver technical solutions
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Support the development of CI / CD Pipelines (authoring & supporting CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins / similar tools and deploying to multi-site Kubernetes environments – supporting and managing your applications all the way to production)
Qualification & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology
Company: Absa Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Randburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A