Website Absa Group Limited
As an ex-officio member of the Internal Audit (IA) Leadership team (LT), provide support to the Chief Internal Auditor (CIA) by leading the IA Quality Assurance and Improvement Programme (QAIP). Ensure that IA achieves the objectives and vision relevant to the QAIP, with a focus on enabling the IA Function to consistently achieve its mandate through the delivery of high-quality audit deliverables
- Helping develop the IA strategy
- Assist the CIA with managing and organising IA to achieve execution of the Absa IA strategy in addition to:
- Assess the independence and objectivity of the IA Function and IA staff members to enable the CIA’s attestation to the Chairman of the GACC
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of IA activities across the African footprint.
- Assist the CIA with the development and maintenance of the IA Methodology to guide the quality and execution of the Internal Audit Plan.
- Implement independent Quality Assurance mechanisms within IA to assess the quality of IA’s work, and ensure action plans are developed to remediate any weaknesses, with these being monitored through proactive engagement with the LT. Results are reported regularly to the CIA and the Chairman of the GACC.
- Maintain an industry best practice risk-based IA methodology that adheres to IIA standards and all Regulatory and global requirements, also aligning to Absa Group Policies and Standards (where applicable).
- Assist the CIA with managing the independence and objectivity of IA Function and IA staff members.
- Timely communicate and train, where necessary, on any methodology changes.
- Take the lead on a project or any other activities relevant to the QAIP, at the discretion or request of the CIA
- Thought leadership and Eminence.
- Ability to think and operate in an enterprise-wide capacity, contributing to the main effort of the function over the demands of individual silos
- Ability to communicate and influence at very senior levels in the organisation
- Extensive experience in risk-based auditing or risk/control activities.
- Proven experience of managing teams in a complex, matrix environment; adaptable leadership style.
- Passionate about developing talent and performance management
- Evidence of driving change, leading business initiatives and setting direction and strategy.
Qualification & Experience:
Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications: Financial Sciences (Required), Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications: Statistics (Required)
Company: Absa Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A